orangelog.eu – Letter of Intent
• Orangelog.eu aims to provide an interactive, multimedia platform for event coverage and should operate as a co-operative platform between the participating countries.
• The EYP aims to enable young people to give voice to their opinion on a European level and provide a critical view of media and politics through journalistic education as well as learning by doing.
All-over Europe Interest
• It’s not important how international an event itself is, as long as there are interesting stories for a European audience.
• We focus on the cultural part of each event and report about the differences and the commonalties of the participating countries.
• We aim to create a big pool of information of each event. This should include videos, pod casts, pictures and different kinds of texts.
• Orangelog.eu is an English-based platform. But it also should be possible for the participating countries to create their own sub site in their own native language.
• We aim to form a group of people, who are experienced in English to support the editors writing in English.
• There shall be an editor-in-field for each event.
• Each participant can write about the event. In order to learn from our different experiences the teams shall be a mixture of beginners and more professional people.
• The EYP board is responsible for orangelog.eu and should have a network of responsible people in every participating country.
• The EYP board has the right to decide on the relevance of events.
• The editorial stuff will change with every event, but there are one or two moderators to overlook the page and the commentaries in order to prevent unlawful activities.
• Concluding the first event does not mean an end to the work on the platform.
• If the platform is running well we aim to expand it to a theme network and we aim to expand the relationship between the readers and writers.
• Besides some information about how to become a journalist and write in a proper way we aim to provide a culture-calendar with events.